My Ravings n Ramblings

My earlier venture into blogging was to capture the escapades of my kids. Very soon, I did realise that there was a lot more of stuff that demanded to be "penned down". Not wanting to turn the kids' blog into an "everything under the big blue sky" blog, I decided to start another one - and this is it !! "Anything and everything under the big blue sky" that catches my attention and says "pen me down" will be found here.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Rhyming Couplets

A local newspaper (in England) ran a competition asking for a rhyme with the most romantic first line... but the least romantic second line.

Here are some of the entries they received.

My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe "go to hell"

Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.

Oh loving beauty you float with grace
If only you could hide your face

Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not

I want to feel your sweet embrace
But don't take that paper bag off of your face

I love your smile, your face, and your eyes -
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

I see your face when I am dreaming.
That's why I always wake up screaming

My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way

14 Comments:

Blogger hillgrandmom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) Tastes are pretty eclectic(music I mean) but my favourite jazz is Cool & preferably Latino.

12:25 AM  
Blogger rajk said...

My God!! That was hilarious!!

4:38 AM  
Blogger oormila vijayakrishnan said...

Blaharrrharrrharrrharrr! :-D:-D

11:18 PM  
OpenID tessiewrites said...

nice one Gauri... :)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Roses are red, violets are blue
Love is blind, so am I


lol just a rude one by Keshi.

I did a similar post on Valentines Day this year...:)


Keshi.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Mansi Trivedi said...

Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not

Hehehe. I think this is funny!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Indian Home Maker said...

You are a handsome, stylish, witty and funny,
But I love you only cause you have pots of money :)

LOL thought I'd try one myself. Nice post :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

hahaha...this is funny?
is this real?...
loved all of them!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Neha said...

nice one dear.
Even i too (apart from my cooking blog),sometimes post in a blog the things i feel "pen me dowm" , in my other Lighthumor Blog.
Nice to meet like minded gal.

4:51 PM  
Blogger DPhatsez said...

Me:"Nice post aunty!"
You: "Aunty mat kaho naa.."

:)

12:06 PM  
Blogger deluded said...

the ways in which I can love you is beyond count,

for starters I's like to throw you off everest mount!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

Nice blog gauri.Came over to your blog from Rajees.keep writing.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helo ! Forex - Работа на дому чашкой чая нравится ситуация зарабатывать на жизнь , пройти регистрацию forex [url=http://foxfox.ifxworld.com/]forex[/url]

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home