My Ravings n Ramblings

My earlier venture into blogging was to capture the escapades of my kids. Very soon, I did realise that there was a lot more of stuff that demanded to be "penned down". Not wanting to turn the kids' blog into an "everything under the big blue sky" blog, I decided to start another one - and this is it !! "Anything and everything under the big blue sky" that catches my attention and says "pen me down" will be found here.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Apaharan - The Movie

Week before last, the Hindi movie Apaharan was telecast on Star Plus. Such a gut wrenching movie - yet - if one chooses to actually come out of the world of dreams that we so often live in, this is what is actually happening in some parts of India.

Violence, kidnapping, doing just about anything and everything for political gain - no morals, no scruples - seems to be the "in" thing.

So much wasted potential - the root of the movie too was the same issue - so much of wasted potential - in the form of a younger generation who, finding that the "right" way gets them nowhere, justify their getting on to the "wrong" path.

It was absolutely sickening, the way the truth was portrayed - very truly !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home